(Minutes of HELCOM 33/2012, Annex 8.4)
1. A need for a project may be identified and proposed by a Contracting Party, the Commission, its subsidiary body, the Heads of Delegation or the Executive Secretary. The proposing party should provisionally appoint a Project Manager and prepare a draft Project Description according to the attached appendix Project Description.
2. The Project Description should consist of the following elements:
3. The Project Description should be submitted the Heads of Delegation via the Executive Secretary.
4. The final decision concerning establishment of the project as well as any changes in the course of the project will be taken by the Heads of Delegation.
5. The Project Manager(s) organizes the work of the project team according to the Project Description. The project team decides on responsibilities of its members for different elements of the project in accordance with the decided time-table. The project and the Project Manager need to follow the HELCOM risk assessment procedure.
6. The Project Manager(s) shall submit to the body responsible for the project interim progress reports for information and comments. On the basis of this the body responsible will report to the Heads of Delegation on the progress of the project.
7. The final report on a project shall be submitted to the responsible body for adoption. The final report shall include proposals for decisions to be taken by the Commission, the Heads of Delegation or the body responsible for the project, if needed. The final report shall also contain information on potential financial implications of implementing the proposed measures.
8. The Project Manager(s) shall submit both an interim and a final financial report to the Secretariat.
9. After adoption of the final report by the body supervising the project, the project team is dissolved unless otherwise decided by the Heads of Delegation.
APPENDIX: PROJECT DESCRIPTION
1. Title of Project
2. Project Manager(s)
3. Proposing Party ___ Contracting Party ___ Commission ___ Subsidiary body ___ Heads of Delegation ___ Executive Secretary
4. The body supervising the project
5. Target and activities
6. Expected results
7. Consistency with HELCOM priorities ____ yes ____ no If YES, please give reference
8. Timetable (including number of Project Team meetings) - identifying different stages of the project, and - its completion
9. Budget (taking into account financial year from 1 July to 30 June) 9.1 Total Costs 9.2 Costs divided per financial year 9.3 Sources of financing divided per financial year
10. Additional requests (manpower, equipment, facilities, etc.) 10.1 From the Contracting Parties 10.2 From the Secretariat
11. Procedure of nomination of the Project team members
12. Signature of the Project Manager(s)
13. Opinion of the Chairs of the relevant body
14. Opinion of the Executive Secretary
15. Decision of the Heads of Delegation (Reference is to be given to the relevant Minutes of the Heads of Delegation's Meeting) _____ to establish ____not to establish